Richmond sausages began in 1889 when Mr Louis Moore set up a small shop at 63 Linacre Road, selling his fine sausages. Proving a real hit, the business boomed and in 1917 the first-ever Richmond sausage factory was opened on the same site as the shop. The founding members were Louis, his son Alfred and his brother George Moore.The empire had begun. In the first week of production, the Moores and one other member of staff produced an incredible 600lbs of sausages — and what's more, they managed to sell every single one! By 1930, the empire had grown even larger, with 230 people producing the now famed sausages and a fleet of 120 vans delivering them to towns and villages.
With the arrival of the Second World War came tremendous hardship for Britain, but business continued to grow; it appeared there was nothing the troops liked better than a good plate of bangers and mash. So the humble Richmond sausage became the pride of the nation — with soldiers throughout Britain enjoying taste of Richmond sausages during the War years.
To this day, the word Richmond is synonymous with the highest quality bangers — gracing tables up and down the country at teatime. We're as proud of Richmond sausages today as we've ever been — their unmatched quality has stood the test of time and they'll be a family favourite for years to come.